Wednesday, July 22, 2015

SWIM 4 VETS


One of our outstanding special event managers, Diana Moissonnier will be completing the Catalina Channel, a 20 mile swim in the open ocean, in July 2016. Along the way, she has partnered with sponsors that help military veterans. American Valet is a proud sponsor of her and we look forward to helping her on this amazing journey..

"Swim 4 Vets came about when I first decided to embark on my channel swim.  The Catalina Channel, as it is known, starts from Catalina Island and runs to the coast of Los Angeles.  Why I would want to do something as crazy as swimming 20 miles in the open ocean?  The Catalina Channel represents a physical achievement that only the brave, mentally and physically prepared and yes, slightly crazy, attempt.   While swimming 20 miles in the ocean would be enough of an achievement for some, it wouldn’t be enough for me.  I want my swim to have more meaning.  I have known many military veterans over the years including family members, so I have partnered with charities  and sponsors that already help our military veterans in some way. Swim 4 Vets goal is to raise $25,000 - $50,000 for our veterans and you can help by donating to one or all of the charities"  Please help me reach my goal!" 
CLICK HERE TO VIEW HER ORGANIZATION, FOLLOW HER JOURNEY AND DONATE http://www.swim4vets.org/

You rock Diana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment